Information we collect about You and How we use it
When you register on our website, take part in a competition, engage with us on social media or complete a form, we may collect your personal details which may include name, address, email address, phone number and other personal information that we will use to identify you. This allows us to process and manage your enquiry or order and administer competitions.
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it and have consented to this. Examples are allergies in a situation where food may be provided or a disability so we can ensure a venue can facilitate access.
We do collect some information from cookies and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites and use and navigate round them so we can improve the sites. We obtain some information from google analytics which is anonymous and other social media platforms for example Facebook. The social media information provided is limited and only that which you have previously agreed with them that they can share.
What we do with your Information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To process your orders and provide our services, goods or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
- To administer competitions and provide/deliver prizes.
- For administration purposes which means we may contact you for reasons related to enquiries about our products and services.
- To provide personalised communications.
- To contact you about a submission you have made including any content you provide.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, to limit/cap adverts of a certain type, personalise content and emails.We may use and disclose information in aggregate (no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
You can opt out of any email services at any time by e-mailing email@example.com or clicking unsubscribe on any received emails.
What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold but the main impacts may be:
- We may not be able to fully assist you with your enquiry.
- We may not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding your order or the goods/services provided.
- We may not be able to notify you regarding winning a competition or deliver the prize.
- We may not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
Withholding marketing consent.
You are free to do this at any time. It will only stop you receiving marketing.
It will not impact any other service/goods we provide you with
Will You be contacted for Marketing Purposes?
- We use your personal information to update you about new products/services by post, email and phone calls.
- We will only contact you with your consent.
- You will provide this either when you fill in a form to provide your data, by signing up for a newsletter, selecting your preferences in your online account or when you call us.
- We may personalise the message content based on information you provide us with, purchases you make and your use of Stewart’s Leisure Parks websites.
What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
There are a number of ground we process your data under. These are
- Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery etc.
- Legal – should we be legally required to contact you concerning a product e.g. a product recall.
- Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in Stewart’s Leisure Parks. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the goods and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which goods are popular with which groups of individuals.
- Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you
Sharing your Information with Third Parties
We may from time to time provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of providing you with competition prizes or our goods and services. We will never share your details with a third party for the purpose of marketing to you, we will never ask you for permission to do this.
When transferring any personal information outwith the EEA we only do so under one of the legally recognised transfer mechanisms for ensuring the data is safeguarded.
- The country in question has been deemed safe for data transfer by the European Commission. Also known as an adequacy finding.
- The contract for data processing contains the standard contractual clauses laid down by the European Commission to safeguard the transfer of personal data.
- Binding corporate rules – this is where a large company’s own internal processes for international data transfer have been signed-off and agreed by the European Commission as safeguarding the data.
- If the data is going to the USA it can be safely transferred to a company that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Appropriate certification schemes
Cookies [and web browser information]
Currently we do not have the ability to react to do not track being set in the browser, if you wish to opt out of tracking we suggest downloading an ad blocking technology such as Ghostery.
What if I am aged under 16?
Our websites are not aimed at under 16’s.
For all other websites if you are under the age of 16, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Stewart’s Leisure Parks as these websites are not aimed at under 16’s.
How we Protect your Information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage, use and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. These include access control, firewalls, password protection, no paper details stored and where paper details have been collected we will process and shred carefully, virus checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping any confidential passwords or other login or access details which you select or which we allocate to you secret. Whilst we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised party.
If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser when you have finished you session
How long we hold your Data for
We will keep this information for as long as you remain a registered user of any of our sites or an active customer plus a reasonable time (approximately 18 months) beyond this to deal with queries or issues.
Some information may be required for longer periods such as financial information for HMRC purposes, usually a maximum of 7 years.
Competition entrant and winner (including runner up) information. Entrant details are generally deleted/destroyed up to 1 month after the winner is drawn. This is in case we need to redraw a winner for some reason. In rare circumstances this can be up to 90 days. The winners’ details are retained for up to 6 months to allow us to comply with a regulatory audit, if one were to be required.
Stewart’s Leisure Parks do not retain you payment card information. It is keyed directly into the payment processor’s system when you provide it.
We may retain anonymised information for analytical purposes.
Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information which are:
Correcting your Information
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. This can be done by following the instructions below.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent e.g. marketing.
You can also follow the process below.
Obtaining a copy of your Information
You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case.
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer require to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter.
Right to object to processing
You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting your normal customer service department or by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by post to Graham Calley, Lochlands, Dundee Rd, Forfar DD8 1XF
Sale of the Business
Should all or part of the Caravan Buying Service business be sold to or taken over by another organisation, your personal information may move to that other organisation as part of the sale or takeover agreement.